Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let's get started!

Well I have to be honest... I really don't know where to start or where I am hoping this will go. I guess I just needed a place to record memories or thoughts on specific events. Being a mom of 2, and being a newly SAHM I am realizing not only how  much I was missing out on while I was working, but also that I am afraid to forget about the moments I was there for! I don't know about you guys, but I am huge on pictures! I'm talking, hubby had to get me an external hard drive just to store them on! (He is pretty great!) So I guess one of my hopes would be to use this as a tool to record the growth of our family... not just in size but in experiences and special moments. 


So I guess I should introduce myself and my family?! (We spend all this time teaching our children manners and yet we forget them so easily!) I am Lori! I am a newly SAHM and I am loving it! I worked within our School District in the Special Education Department as well as worked for a company that provided in home care for children (and adults) with special needs and as much as I loved making a difference in those children's days or lives, I really just wanted (and needed) to be home with my family. I do still however work for the private based company but only about once or twice a week and the hours still provide me the ability to be home with my children! My husband's name is Jeff, he is the most incredible husband and father I could have ever imagined for myself and my children! He is fairly private so you won't see too much of him involved with the making of this blog but he will most definitely be a major part of most of my posts! We have been married for 4 years now (together for much longer!), we aren't your typical family in which we did things the "conventional" way. We did things our own way and I think that is why we have the bond that we do, we have built this unique life for ourselves and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way! Which now brings us to our daughters: 
Daughter #1 is 9 years old, in the 4th grade, and she is my mini me! She is hitting that phase where she is not liking having her picture taken, and that is a HUGE issue for me, but we are working through that as we speak! She is very involved in her school, makes good grades, and is really evolving into her own person. Part of the reason I started this blog is because of her as well, she has some pretty great ideas and is very into fashion so don't be surprised if you see a post inspired by her ideas or thoughts! 



Daughter #2 is 5 years old and completely opposite from her big sister! Down to her hair and eye color! She is our spunky one with no fears and a serious love for life and everything that comes with it! Her personality is what makes her shine as bright as she does! She's very into hair right now so she will definitely be my inspiration for any hair ideas I might post!




I look forward to chatting with everyone on here and please feel free to comment on anything I may be doing wrong... or right! Suggestions and feed back are always welcomed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment